Saturday 10 April 2010

Midwives Suck!

On thursday I had a check up with the midwife. To be honest the whole thing wasn't very comforting. Firstly when she felt my stomach for the baby she said she couldn't feel anything, mainly because she was poking about nowhere near where the baby is. I had to tell her to feel a bit lower. Then when i went to the toilet to give a urine sample she asked my partner if i'd had something to eat recently as my blood sugar level was a bit high. Then yesterday phoned me to ask me the exact same question! She didn't even phone me though. She phoned Steven's mobile even though I know my file has both my mobile number and house number in it. I'm 28 weeks pregnant and I still haven't been offered any Ante-natal classes yet. Steven says i don't need them as he went to them with his ex and they were a load of rubbish, but surely I should've been offered them by now!
I'm just concerned that they don't seem to have a clue what they are doing!

1 comment:

  1. Midwives were great back in the 1700 & 1800's.

    Nowadays, with modern obstetrical care, they are unnecessary. Anyone who gives birth with only the assistance of a midwife is grossly irresponsible.

    I wrote a blog post about this not too long ago, as I'm currently pregnant with my 2nd child.

    http://unpopularopinionist.blogspot.com/2011/03/only-midwife-id-want.html

    ReplyDelete